Should you choose a cremation, Massey Bros. will liaise with the crematorium of your choice to put in place the arrangements.
You will normally have the choice of a full service or a shorter committal service. The full service would typically be chosen by families who do not wish for a separate funeral service to take place. Either way, we will work with you to ensure that your wishes are carried out.
As with a funeral service, we will:
- Put you in touch with a celebrant if you would like one and do not have an existing preference
- Help you decide on the content of the ceremony
- Help you decide on the people who will take part and what they will do
- Help you select hymns, music and/or musicians
- Help you select readings and poetry
- Design and print a committal booklet if you would like one
We will also take care of the Cremation Forms on your behalf.
Cremation offers every family the option of collecting the ashes of their loved one which can be kept, buried in a family plot, interned in the Columbarium Wall or Garden of Remembrance or scattered privately at your loved one’s favourite spot.
If you would like to transport the ashes overseas for burial or scattering, we will advise you on the requirements of airlines and individual countries.
For more information or to talk to one of our experienced funeral arrangers, please call us on T: 1800 740000 or email E:[email protected]. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.