Non-religious ceremonies and civil funerals can be held in a location of your choice, with or without the assistance of a civil celebrant.
Massey Bros. offer families a unique space (The Haven) in which they can celebrate the life of a loved one in whatever way they would like. The Haven caters for up to 55 mourners and may be decorated to reflect a hobby or interest. We have also installed the latest technology to allow people to attend a funeral online. This is particularly helpful to families with members living overseas, especially as there are no restrictions around the time of day or night a funeral can take place.
We will work with you to:
- Find and arrange the best place for you to hold the ceremony (this could be Massey Bros.’ own space at The Haven, at the crematorium if choosing a cremation or some other location)
- Help you decide on the removal
- Help you decide how you would like the venue to look
- Put you in touch with one of our trusted Humanist or civil celebrants if you would like a celebrant
- Help you decide on the content of the ceremony:
- The people who will take part and what they will do
- Music and musicians
- Poetry and other readings
- If you decide to use Massey Bros.’ own venue (The Haven) we will also arrange for people overseas to attend the funeral using our technology if appropriate
For more information or to talk to one of our experienced funeral arrangers, please call us on T: 1800 740000 or email E: [email protected]. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.